Pork Meatball Sichuan Noodles
Quick and easy one bowl weekday dinner recipe, a Chinese noodle favourite that combines tasty Asian infused meatballs and nourishing Asian greens in sweet, salty and spicy flavours for a powerhouse of a meal.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minute
1 packet Asian Pork Meatballs (we love Hellers)
1 tbsp peanut oil (we love Olivado)
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 tsp minced ginger
1 spring onions, sliced
1 pack choy sum, sliced (we love The Fresh Grower)
1 packet of egg noodles
For the paste:
1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns
½ tsp Chilli oil paste (We love Lee Kum Kee)
3 tsp black sesame paste (Tahini) (We love Chantal Organics)
1 tbsp soy sauce (We love Lee Kum Kee)
1 tsp honey (Airborne – Vipers Bugloss)
- In a wok or fry pan over a high heat, toast the Sichuan Peppercorns until they crackle. Remove from the pan and crush to a power in a mortar and pestle.
- Mix in all of “the paste” ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a fry pan over a high heat, drizzle the peanut oil and fry off the meatballs, ginger and garlic until broken up and and golden. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat a dash of peanut oil. Put in the spring onion and the choy sum, stir once, then immediately add “the paste”, the meatball mixture and the egg noodles.
- Toss together until noodles are completely coated with all of the porky, saucy goodness and greens are just cooked through.
- Serve immediately!