Chorizo Spaghetti Bolognese
This bolognese is packed full of flavour and very quick to make! By using the chorizo instead of the usual mince it has the delicious richness with a kick that is so irresistible. Ready on the dinner table in a flash, especially if you use the ready cooked “heat and eat” pasta.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pack (450g) Spanish Chorizo, chopped (we love Hellers)
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil (we love Olivado)
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and chopped (we love Superb Herb)
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup red wine (we love Giesen Merlot)
1 can whole tomatoes (we love Chantal Organics)
2 tablespoons brown sugar (we love Chantal Organics)
400g cooked spaghetti (we use 2 packets Diamond ‘Heat and Eat’ Spaghetti)
100g fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese
- Place the chorizo in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, chilli flakes and garlic and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the chorizo and rosemary and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the wine,simmer 1-2 minutes, then add tomatoes and sugar. Cover the pot and reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Serve the spaghetti tossed with the chorizo bolognese, mozzarella, drizzle of olive oil, rosemary and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with Giesen Merlot. Bon Appetit!