Grilled Courgette, Beet Burger & Haloumi Salad
A simple warm salad for weekday evenings. All the tasty components are grilled with good quality oil to enhance their flavour. The fresh homemade courgette dip adds a little Mediterranean feel.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
For the Salad:
2 large courgettes, quartered lengthwise
1 pack (4 patties) black bean beetroot burger
1 block (200g) haloumi Cheese, sliced (we love Mainland)
Extra virgin avocado oil (we love Olivado)
1 cup peas, cooked in salted water
fresh mint & basil leaves (we love Superb Herb)
For the Courgette Dip:
2 large courgettes, diced
4 cloves garlic
A drizzle avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
½ cup plain yoghurt (we love Anchor)
2 tablespoons tahini (we love Chantal Organics)
Juice of 1 lemon
- Make the courgette dip. Heat a generous drizzle of avocado cooking oil in a non stick fry pan over medium high heat. Add the diced courgettes and garlic, season with salt and pepper. Fry until the courgettes are soft and well browned.Cool.
- Process the cooked courgette mixture, tahini, yoghurt, lemon juice, Extra Virgin Avocado oil, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbeque over medium heat. Cook the salad courgettes with a drizzle of oil until cooked through and slightly charred. Cook the haloumi for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.Keep warm.
- Cook beetroot burgers according to the packet instructions. Keep warm.
- Divide the courgette dip between plates and top with the beet burger, courgettes, haloumi, herbs and peas. Drizzle over some more Extra Virgin Avocado oil and serve with lemon wedges.