Gorgeous Thai Spiced Prawns Recipe with Garlic Flat Bread
These gorgeous Thai spiced prawns will leave you finger-licking! Serve with garlic naan and a coconut & lime sauce for balance. Make sure you serve with plenty of serviettes.
Prep time: 25 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
For the prawns
- 16 giant prawns in shell, thawed if frozen (we love Sea Cuisine)
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- ¾ can coconut cream (we love Chantal Organics)
- 16 long bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Extra virgin Avocado oil (we love Olivado)
For the Coconut Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (we love Golden Sun)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ can coconut cream (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- A handful fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 fresh green chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 garlic naan breads (we love Giannis)
- Extra lime wedges
- In a bowl, mix coconut cream and curry paste. Add the prawns and coat well. Leave to marinade for 15 minutes. Skewer prawns onto 16 long bamboo skewers.
- In another bowl, mix ginger, the rest of the coconut cream, fish sauce and the zest and juice of 1 lime to make the Lime Coconut Sauce. Season with sea salt if needed.
- Heat the grill. Cook the naan bread for 1-2 minutes each side. Keep warm.
- Cook the prawn skewers with drizzle of oil for 4-5 minutes or until turned bright pink, cooked through and slightly charred.
- Top prawn skewers with coriander and chilli. Serve with Lime Coconut Sauce, lime wedges and the garlic naan bread.