Do you love Truffle? We’re huge fans! Truffle and mushroom is a match made in heaven so we’ve created a mouthwatering vegetarian Mushroom Burger using Castello’s Double Cream Truffle and paired it with some crunchy chips oven roasted in truffle oil. Delicious!
Mushroom Burger with Castello Double Cream Truffle Cheese and Truffle Oil Chips
For the burgers-
4 brioche burger buns
4 x large portobello mushrooms
150g Castello Double Cream Truffle
2 tablespoon truffle oil
Pinch of salt and pepper, to season
1 tablespoon aioli
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Thick cut chips, cooked
1 tablespoon truffle oil
Flaky sea salt, to season
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Brush mushrooms with truffle oil and generously season.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat and cook mushrooms 4 minutes on one side, then turn. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Cut slices of Castello Double Cream Truffle and lay slices on top of the mushrooms. Place in the oven and grill for 5 minutes so cheese is slightly melted.
- Wipe the pan clean, then spread mayonnaise evenly on each bun before cook the buns cut-side down until golden and crunchy.
- Assemble burgers with aioli on the bun base, topped rocket, sliced tomato and mushrooms.
- Serve immediately with a side of thick cut chips tossed in truffle oil, salt and thyme.