Bacon Chocolate Truffles
Calling for all the bacon lovers! Be a little adventurous and try these bacon chocolate truffles.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
4 rashers of smoked streaky bacon, (we love Hellers)
1 tbsp brown rice syrup (we love Chantal Organics)
2/3 cup coconut cream (we love Chantal Organics)
400g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Cook the bacon rashers in a non-stick fry pan over medium heat until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen towel. Chop finely. Wipe the grease off from the fry pan.
- Return the bacon pieces. Pour the brown rice syrup and caramelise the bacon pieces. Remove from the heat and spread to cool.
- Heat the coconut cream to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, then add chocolate. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Mix in ¾ of the caramelized bacon and a good pinch of sea salt. Pour into a flat deep tray lined with baking paper and Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until firm.
- Scoop chocolate mixture with a spoon and make into balls with your hands. Dip the ball in the cocoa powder to coat the bottom part of it. Place the powdered part on a baking paper lined serving tray.
- Decorate with reserved bacon bits, sea salt and dust with more cocoa powder.