Super Green Risotto
This risotto is made with lots of kale, green peas and fresh herbs to make it super green! Topped with a little bacon and a dollop of Greek yoghurt – this mouth watering dish is perfect for lunch or a light dinner with friends.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we love Olivado)
1 onion – chopped finely
100g streaky bacon, cut into small pieces (we love Hellers)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice (we love Sun Rice)
½ cup white wine (we love Giesen Riesling)
3 cups chicken stock (we love Simon Gault)
We love to serve this risotto with the delightfully crisp Giesen Riesling.
We cooked the risotto in the Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Low Round Casserole.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over medium high heat. Fry the bacon, onions and garlic for 4-5 minutes until the bacon pieces are slightly brown. Add the rice, stir once, then pour in the wine. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken stock.
- Bring to boil. Cover the pan with a lid, then turn the heat low and continue to cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the rice is cooking, make the green puree. In a food processor, blitz the frozen peas, kale, mint and parsley to a smooth puree. Add a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Continue to blitz until smooth.
- When the risotto is al dente, Fold the green puree, grated parmesan and lemon juice into the bacon risotto. Serve with more parmesan cheese, a dollop of yoghurt, some pea shoots and extra bacon.
- Delightfully crisp Giesen Riesling compliments very well with the fresh green flavours of this risotto. Enjoy!