Hoisin Tofu & Portobello Mushroom Bao Buns
These bao buns are easy to make and super tasty. They are filled with hoisin marinated tofu and succulent portobello mushrooms cooked with fragrant sesame oil, lightly pickled crunchy vegetables, walnuts and coriander. Yum!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
8 ready-made bao buns (we love United Food Co.)
½ cucumber, thinly sliced
1 small carrot, thinly sliced(we love Wilcox)
2 radishes, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
- Take the marinated tofu out of the packet and cut in 1 cm thick slices. Reserve the Hoisin marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium hot. Fry the tofu slices 1-2 minutes each side. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same fry pan, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Fry the mushroom 1-2 minutes each side. Coat them in a little of the reserved marinade.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lightly pickled crunchy vegetables. Sprinkle the rice vinegar on the cucumber, carrot and radish.
- Heat the bao buns according to the packet instructions.
- Open the bao bun and sandwich the tofu, mushroom and pickled vegetables with some mayonnaise. Top with spring onions, coriander, walnuts and some more marinade.
- Serve immediately