Chocolate Easter Waffles
These homemade coconut milk chocolate waffles are lightly sweet and so perfect to serve for breakfast or brunch. How about enjoy them with your family at Easter? Simply delicious!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
1 cup plain flour (we love Chantal Organics)
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon baking powder (we love Chantal Organics)
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
80g caster sugar
1 cup coconut milk (we love Chantal Organics)
3 tablespoons liquid coconut oil (we love Olivado)
2 eggs, separated (we love Woodland)
Vanilla ice cream to serve
Mixed berries to serve
For the Chocolate and honey drizzle
½ cup honey
2 tablespoons caster sugar
½ cup water
50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder, cocoa, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the flour mixture to combine.
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cook the waffles.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the drizzle. Place the honey, sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Increase the heat to high, add the chocolate and mix to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until syrupy.
- Serve waffles with ice-cream, berries and chocolate drizzle.