Easter Pita French Toast
A lovely twist on the classic French toast! Perfect for Easter made with pita breads filled with mixed berries and paired with the tasty & salty bacon. Serve with some good quality vanilla ice cream to complete the ultimate Easter breakfast treat with family. Happy Easter!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
8 rashers bacon (we love Hellers)
4 pita breads (we love Giannis)
2 eggs (we love Woodland)
1 can (400g) coconut cream (we love Chantal Organics)
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Coconut oil (we love Olivado)
2 cups frozen mixed berries
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, raw sugar, coconut cream, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a small incision in the pita breads and fill the centre with 3-4 tbsp frozen berries
- Dip the stuffed pita bread into the egg mixture and let soak for 5 minutes
- In a fry pan over a medium heat, fry the french toast for at least 4-5 minutes on each side in a little coconut oil – until completely golden and cooked through and berries have softened inside. Pop in the oven to keep hot and continue cooking through.
- Fry the bacon over a high heat until golden and crispy.
- Serve the french toast and bacon hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some extra berries and a drizzle of honey.