Chicken, Haloumi & Courgette Burgers
Everyone loves a chicken burger with layers of tasty components. These burgers have grilled fresh haloumi slices and lovely courgette salad to accompany the crisp, juicy & tasty chicken fillet. Sure to satisfy your burger craving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 box Waitoa frozen Ancient Grains Premium fillet burgers
1 block Haloumi cheese, sliced (we love Mainland )
1 tbsp Avocado cooking Oil (we love Olivado)
1 courgette, ribboned
3 radishes, thinly sliced
3 tbsp Extra Virgin avocado oil (we love Olivado)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp clear honey (we love Mother Earth)
2 tsp poppy seeds
1 small garlic clove, crushed
4 burger buns
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp basil pesto
Handful micro radish leaves to garnish (we love Superb Herb)
We love to serve these chicken burgers with Giesen Chardonnay
- Cook the chicken fillet burgers from frozen according to the packet instructions.
- Grill the Haloumi cheese slices with a drizzle of oil for 1-2 minutes each side until golden. Set aside. Keep warm.
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix in the ribboned courgettes and radishes and toss well.
- Spread some mayo on the bun and toast.
- To assemble the burgers, spread pesto on the bun, stack with chicken, courgette salad and haloumi.Top with micro radish leaves.
- Enjoy with well chilled Giesen Chardonnay.