Salami, Tomato and Rosemary Flatbread
This is an easy and delicious flatbread recipe uses a base of good flour, good yogurt and good oil, that’s it! Once you make this you will get hooked. Great served soft topped with tasty salami, tomato and herbs, oh and don’t forget the garlic butter!
Prep Time :5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
For the dough
3/4 cup plain yoghurt (we love Anchor)
1 cup plain flour (we love Chantal Organics)
2 teaspoons baking powder (we love Chantal Organics)
¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we love Olivado)
A pinch of sea salt
extra flour for the board
2-3 cloves garlic finely minced
For the topping
200g salami, sliced (we love Hellers)
250g mini tomatoes (we love Beekist)
2 sprigs rosemary, leaves roughly chopped
Pea shoots to garnish (we love Superb Herb)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
We cooked both the flatbread and the toppings on a Le Creuset signature 3-ply stainless steel non-stick frying pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt and olive oil. Bring the dough together with your hands to form a soft, but not sticky dough. You may need to add more flour or yoghurt to get the right consistency.
- Once the dough is formed into a smooth ball, place it on a floured surface. Using a knife divide the dough into 6 even sized balls. Roll the each dough ball out to a 20cm diameter circle. Try to roll the dough as thin as possible as this will ensure the bread cooks evenly on both sides with a nice air bubbles in between.
- Heat a large non stick fry pan over medium heat. While the fry pan is heating melt together the butter, minced garlic and salt in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Place one flat dough on the hot fry pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Spoon some garlic butter all over the top. Allow the bread to toast well and bubble up for about 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully turn over the flat bread and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Repeat until all flatbreads are cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the salami slices with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook tomatoes in the same fry pan with rosemary, then break them lightly with a fork. Keep warm.
- Serve flatbread topped with tomato mixture, salami, rosemary, Burrata and pea shoots. Enjoy!