Mother’s Day is quickly approaching. You do not have to expensive gift for her as she just wants you to be with you and have some family time together. Home cooking is one of the easiest ways to show appreciation so how about getting up earlier than mum and prepare a lovely breakfast for the family? Dole shares this delicious Pineapple Breakfast Baps recipe here.
Dole Breakfast Baps
• 1 Dole pineapple, peeled and cored
• 6 slices of ham off the bone
• 1 tablespoons olive oil
• 30 grams butter
• 6 eggs
• 6 brioche bread rolls or other soft bread rolls
• Tomato relish, aioli and flat-leaf parsley to serve
1. Cut a fresh pineapple into 6 even pieces or use a can of Dole pineapple slices.
2. Heat the barbecue grill plate to medium and fry pineapple rings and ham until golden brown on both sides.
3. Heat the barbecue flat plate to a medium/high heat and add the olive oil and butter. Once the butter has melted, crack the eggs on to the flat plate and fry until the tops of the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
4. Cut the brioche buns in half and smear with tomato relish or aioli. Add the pineapple ring, ham and fried egg.
5. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh flat-leaf parsley.