Beef Meatball Banh Mi
Banh Mi is a Vietnamese style sandwich. A single serving baguette is split lengthwise and filled with delicious meatballs and tangy pickled vegetables. Great for anytime of the day, also picnics and lunch boxes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 pack Heller’s Angus Pure Beef meatballs (Hellers)
2 tablespoons sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1 small carrot, ribboned (we love Wilcox)
1 small cucumber – ribboned
1 teaspoon sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee)
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
4 sourdough baguettes, split lengthways
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 fresh red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
a handful of coriander (we love Superb Herb)
A handful of mint (we love Superb Herb)
¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the meatballs, turning, for 5–6 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the meatballs are cooking, pickle the carrot & cucumber in vinegar and sesame oil for at least 5 minutes.
- Spread the baguettes with the mayonnaise and bake for 5 minutes.
- Fill the baguettes with the pickle, meatballs, coriander, mint, chilli and peanuts.