Mums love a delicious brunch, especially when it’s made by their loved ones, and this recipe is perfect to spoil mums on their special day! This recipe really brings the café to your home and is a special meal to enjoy with the whole family.
Recipe shared by Regal King Salmon.
200g Regal Marlborough King Manuka Smoked Salmon
Crème Fraîche Sauce
· 1?4 cup crème fraiche
· 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
· 1?2 tsp salt
Boxty (Makes 4/5)
· 1 small floury potato peeled
· 1 cup mashed potato
· 1 cup flour
· 1 tsp baking soda
· 2 tbsp butter
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 8 large eggs
· 1 tbsp heavy cream
· 1 tbsp butter
·To serve: Chopped chives, salt & pepper
1. To make the sauce, blend crème fraiche, lime juice, salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
2. Lay out a clean tea towel and grate the potato directly over the tea towel. Then gather up the corners and twist to remove the moisture.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated potato, mashed potatoes, flour, baking soda, and salt and pepper to taste. Using your hands, mix until you form a dough. Turn the ‘dough’ out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to a 1cm thickness. Using an 8cm cookie cutter or a drinking glass, cut into rounds.
4. Reshape and roll out the scraps of dough until all of it is used.
5. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the potato rounds and cook until lightly-browned and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side.
6. While the boxty are cooking, start working on the scrambled eggs. Whisk the eggs and the cream until light and fluffy. Heat a large frying pan over low heat and add the butter. Once melted, add the whisked eggs. With a spatula, stir occasionally. Turn off the heat just before the eggs are done to your desired firmness.
7. Plate the boxty, top with scrambled eggs, a few slices of smoked salmon, drizzle with the crème fraiche sauce, garnish with chives.