Pork Sausage Lasagne Rollups
An interesting twist on the family favourite lasagne. Kids will love these fun sausage lasagne Rollups. They might even become your family dinnertime regular. Must try!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 80 minutes
For the red sausage sauce:
6 pork sausage (we love Hellers Free Farmed Pork sausage), skin removed
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
1 cup red wine (we love Giesen Merlot)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 can chopped tomato (we love Chantal Organics)
For the roll filling:
2 cups spinach leaves(we love The Fresh Grower)
2 cups ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
1 cup grated Parmesan (we love Perfect Italiano)
1 egg Egg (we love Woodland)
We baked this Lasagne Rollups in a Le Creuset Stoneware Heritage Deep Rectangular dish.
- Soak the lasagne sheets in a large pot of slightly salted-boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Refresh with running water, then Set aside. Sprinkle some avocado oil to prevent sticking to each other.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ?C.
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat. Add onion, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the sausage, rosemary and garlic and cook, breaking the sausage up with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes until the sausage is browned.
- Pour wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until slightly reduced. Add tomato paste and stir, then add tomatoes. Season and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced.
- Process the spinach, egg, ricotta,parmesan and a little salt and pepper to make the filling.
- Spread the ragu evenly at the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- On non stick baking paper, lay out the cooked lasagne sheet and spread with even thick layers of spinach/ricotta mix. Roll up and lay on top of the ragu. Top with mozzarella cheese and parsley and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve hot with a side salad!