Spicy Corn & Mushroom Noodle Soup
This spicy mushroom noodle soup is the perfect lunchtime meal for a chilly day – warming, satisfying and healthy. Remove the chilli for the kids and add corn for sweetness, they’ll love it!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Serves: 2
A drizzle sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee )
A packet of portabello mushrooms (we love Meadow Mushrooms)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 chilli, finely chopped
A piece ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1L chicken stock
2 packets egg noodles, cooked
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
1/2 can creamed sweet corn
Soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
We cooked this Noodle soup in a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Casserole.
- In a deep pot over a medium heat, fry off the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until translucent and fragrant with a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Add the mushrooms and fry off for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, creamed corn and spring onions. Season with a little soy sauce. Bring to the boil and bring down to a gentle simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the egg noodles according to the packet instructions.
- In the individual noodle bowls the noodles, place the noodles. Pour over the soup, garnish with coriander to serve.