Spicy Corn & Mushroom Noodle Soup
This easy noodle soup is the perfect lunchtime meal for a chilly day – warming, satisfying and healthy. You can omit the chilli to make it for kids – they’ll love it too.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
A drizzle sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee )
A packet of portobello mushrooms ( we love Meadow Mushrooms)
1 onion – finely chopped
1 chilli – finely chopped
A piece ginger – minced
2 cloves garlic – minced
1L chicken stock (we love Simon Gault)
2 packets egg noodles – cooked
2 spring onions – thinly sliced
A handful Coriander (we love Superb Herb)
1/2 can creamed sweet corn
Soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
We cooked this Noodle soup in a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Casserole.
- In a deep pot over a medium heat, fry off the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli until translucent and fragrant with a drizzle of sesame oil.
- Add the mushrooms and fry off for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, creamed corn and spring onions. Season with a little soy sauce. Bring to the boil and bring down to a gentle simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cook the egg noodles according to the packet instructions.
- In the individual noodle bowls the noodles, place the noodles. Pour over the soup, garnish with coriander to serve.