Spicy Bone Broth & Shiitake Dumpling Noodle Soup
A fragrant and healthy bone broth noodle soup with a bit of a kick, the perfect base for any Asian-inspired soup. The broth can be frozen for later use.
For the bone broth
Olive oil (we love Olivado)
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1.5kg of beef bones
2 carrots, roughly chopped
1 bay leaf
A few pepper corns
We made our spicy broth in a heavy based Le Creuset casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the bones in a deep roasting tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast for an hour turning the bones half way.
- In a slow cooker, add the roasted bones and the rest of the bone broth ingredients. Cover completely with water, bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 12-24 hours. Throughout simmering, add more water as needed to keep all the ingredients submerged.
- Once stock is ready, strain in a sieve and keep the liquid only.
- Pour the stock into a heavy based casserole dish and bring to a boil. Cook the noodles and dumplings in the stock as per pack packet instructions.
- Taste the stock and add soy sauce to season. Serve the noodles, soup and dumplings hot with a garnish of coriander and spring onions.