Mushroom, Balsamic & Sage Angel Hair Pasta
This is a super simple yet rich and luxurious pasta dish. The nuttiness of the burnt butter cuts through the vinegar, earthy mushrooms and fragrant sage making this a perfectly balanced dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes Serves: 4
1 packet angel hair pasta (we love Diamond)
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
300g mushroom medley – slice button mushrooms, keep portobello mushrooms whole (we love Meadow Mushrooms)
A handful of sage leaves (we love Superb Herb)
50g butter (we love Anchor)
A handful of grated parmesan (we love Mainland)
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions
- In a fry pan over a high heat, fry off the mushrooms in a knob of butter until golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same fry pan over a medium heat, delicately fry off the sage leaves in a knob of butter until crispy. Drain on some kitchen towel and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining butter until it starts to get slightly golden and smell nutty. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and mushrooms to the pan and toss to heat and coat.
Serve with crispy sage leaves and parmesan.