Eskimo Lolly Cake
I used to look with wide eyes at the lolly cake in our local bakery. It would have been a dream to have had a slice of that in my lunchbox. This Kiwi classic is incredibly easy to make — mix and roll, no baking — and it goes a long way. Keep the slices thin so as not to overload the sugar levels. Delicious!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Makes: 1 roll
1 packet Eskimo lollies, approx 190g
1 packet Malt biscuits, approx 250g
120g butter, melted (we love Anchor)
½ can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups desiccated coconut
- Break Eskimos by hand into pieces.
- Crush biscuits to a rough crumb.
- Melt butter and mix with condensed milk. Chill for 4 hours.
- Mix all ingredients together, form into a log shape then roll in coconut.
- Slice and keep in the fridge until needed.