Miso Mushrooms & Green Rice
The freshness of the green rice, the creaminess of the cashew dressing, the umami & the meatiness of portobello mushrooms and the crunch of the salty walnuts make the winning combination.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
For the Rice:
4 Heat & Eat Brown Rice packets (we love SunRice)
A handful coriander (we love Superb Herb)
½ bag spinach (we love The Fresh Grower)
1 green chilli, sliced
A dash of sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee)
For the Miso Cashew Dressing:
200g cashews, soaked in boiling water for 10 min then drained (we love Alison’s Pantry)
1 tsp sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
Water to thin
1 tbsp miso
200g walnuts, roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
1 tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
A handful extra coriander (we love Superb Herb)
A handful extra spinach (we love The Fresh Grower)
- Heat oven to 200C and line a flat baking tray with parchment.
- For the mushrooms: Lay the mushrooms on the baking tray, top side down. In a small bowl, mix together miso paste, sesame oil and garlic and top each mushroom with a tablespoon of the miso mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For the Miso Cashew Dressing: In a food processor, blitz together all of the miso cashew dressing ingredients – add a little water to reach your preferred consistency – set aside.
- For the Rice: in a food Processor, blitz together the coriander, spinach, green chilli and lime. Heat the rice packets in the microwave and fold the blitzed mixture into the rice with a little salt and a drizzle of sesame oil.
- For the Walnuts: In a non stick fry pan over a high heat, fry off the chopped walnuts until browned – last minute add a splash of soy sauce and fry off until evaporated. Set aside.
- In a bowl layer the rice, mushrooms, a drizzle of cashew dressing, a sprinkle of walnuts, some extra spinach and coriander.