Crumbed Aubergine “Fries” with Lemon Dill Mayo
The ultimate veggie chip. Super crunchy on the outside and ooey gooey in the middle. Served with a zesty mayo to take these little mouthfuls of heaven to the next level!
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
For the Aubergine:
1 aubergine sliced into long batons
200g flour (we love Chantal Organics)
2 eggs (we love Woodland)
2 tbsp milk (we love Anchor)
200g bread crumbs (we love Diamond)
Avocado oil for deep frying (we love Olivado)
For the mayo:
½ cup mayonnaise
1 lemon – zest and juice
1 garlic clove – minced
A handful of dill – chopped finely (we love Superb Herb)
Beer Match: Emerson’s Pilsner
- Mix the mayo ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare aubergine batons for frying. Place flour and bread crumbs in a large shallow dish each. Mix 2 eggs and milk and place in a large bowl.
- Heat avocado oil in a wok over medium hot heat.
- Dip the Aubergine batons in flour, then egg mixture, then coat with the bread crumbs. Gently place the crumbed aubergine into the hot oil and deep fry until golden and crunchy for 2-3 minutes. Repeat in batches. Drain on kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with the lemon dill mayo and a sprinkling of more fresh dill.