Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Tahini Yoghurt Couscous Salad
Subtly spiced cauliflower and chickpeas mixed with fresh spinach, couscous, raisins, almonds and fresh herbs then lathered in tahini yoghurt. This is the perfect warm winter salad to feed the whole family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
For the Cauliflower:
1 head cauliflower – thick whole slices
1 can chickpeas – drained (we love Chantal Organics)
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil – melted (we love Olivado)
½ a bag of spinach (we love The Fresh Grower)
1 packet chicken and lemon couscous (we love Diamond)
A handful of raisins (we love Alison’s Pantry)
A handful almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
A handful coriander & parsley – roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Preheat oven to 210C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Drizzle with coconut oil, garam masala, turmeric and honey.
- Place the cauliflower slices over the mix and repeat the process to ensure the cauliflower slices are evenly coated.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden. Add the chickpeas and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook the couscous as per packet instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, couscous, raisins, slithered almonds and herbs.Dress with the Tahini Yoghurt Dressing.
- Serve the couscous salad topped with the baked cauliflower and chickpeas and drizzles of extra dressing. Devour!