Tasty Sicilian Olive, Fig & Walnut Pâté
This beautiful recipe was created by Gretchen Lowe. Simple, sophisticated and oh so flavourful, the perfect veggie alternative for your charcuterie platter.
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves: 8
For the pâté
- 300g dried figs (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 cup walnuts (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 cups Sicilian (green) olives, pitted
- 90ml extra-virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Good pinch sea salt (we love Chantal Organics)
- Seed crackers
- Blue cheese (we love Kapiti)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth 1-2 minutes.
- Serve as a spread with lavosh (or seeded) crackers and blue cheese. This pâté can be stored up to 2 weeks in the fridge.