Salted Butterscotch & Oaty Apple Individual Crumbles
These moreish salty butterscotch apple crumble pots are the perfect dinner party dessert. You can prepare these bad boys hours before, pop them in the fridge and bake them just before serving.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Serves: 8
- ¾ cup flour (we love Chantal Organics)
- ½ cup raw sugar (we love Chantal Organics)
- Pinch sea salt (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g cold butter cubed (we love Anchor)
- ¾ cup rolled oats (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 8-10 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup caramel
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50g butter, chopped
We used Le Creuset stoneware ramekins to make these crumbles.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- For the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the butter cubes and rub into dry ingredients to resemble breadcrumbs. You could also use a food processor for this step. Stir in the oats, then set aside in a fridge while you cut the apples.
- Toss the chopped apples well with the caramel and sea salt.
- Split the mixture between 8 ovenproof ramekins, top each with a knob of butter then sprinkle the oaty topping evenly all over each.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the apples are bubbling and the crumble is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard if you like.