Seed Crackers (gluten and dairy free)
Rather than using both chia and flax seeds you could use just half a cup of one. It is important to include one or the other because they are what break down and bind everything together.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 55 minutes Makes: 1 tray
- 1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Alison’s Pantry pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Alison’s Pantry sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup Alison’s Pantry Flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup Alison’s Pantry chia seed
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals sea salt flakes
- 1 cup water
- Extra sea salt flakes to sprinkle
- Heat oven to 170°C. Place all the seeds and the salt in a bowl, pour in water and mix to combine. Leave for 15 minutes for the chia and flax seeds to soften and bind everything together.
- Tip out onto a baking paper-lined oven tray and spread out as thin as possible (around 4mm thick) and sprinkle with some flaky sea salt. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice into crackers, then return to the oven to cook for another 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove to a rack to cool then store in an airtight container.