Super Easy Devilled Sausages
This super easy to cook Devilled Sausages nz recipe can be done in the crockpot or a casserole dish. Kids & adults will love this inexpensive, warm comforting family meal!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 40 minutes Serves: 8
600g free-range pork sausages
1 tbsp olive oil (we love Olivado)
1 clove garlic crushed
2 onions thinly sliced
2 large apple sliced thinly (we love Jazz Apples)
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes (we love Chantal Organics)
¾ cup tomato sauce (we love Chantal Organics)
¾ cup barbeque flavoured sauce
2 tbsp golden sugar (we love Chantal Organics)
2 tbsp malt vinegar (we love D.Y.C)
A handful of spinach, washed (we love The Fresh Grower)
We cooked our Devilled Sausages in a Le Creuset Signature Cast iron Round Casserole.
- Pan fry sausages with a drizzle of olive oil until browned and just cooked. Remove and cool slightly.
- Heat oil in the same pan and fry garlic onions and apples until soft.
- Transfer onion mix to a casserole dish.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, Barbeque sauce, vinegar and sugar. Mix together.
- Add sausages.
- Cover casserole and cook in oven at 180C for 25-30 minutes. Add a handful of fresh spinach leaves to garnish.