Quick and Easy Tofu Coconut Curry
This is the perfect dish when you’re short on time but after a healthy meal. From start to finish it will be ready in twenty minutes.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Serves: 4
- 1 pack tofu, cubed (we love Tonzu)
- 1 packet coconut curry sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 3 beta bite carrots, diced (we love Wilcox)
- ½ bag baby white pak choy, roughly chopped (we love The Fresh Grower)
- ½ cup natural cashew nuts (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can coconut milk (we love Chantal Organics)
We used a heavy based Le Creuset round casserole dish.
- Put a deep heavy based frying pan on medium heat. Add the coconut oil, ginger, garlic, shallots. Stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut curry sauce, coconut milk, cubed tofu, capsicum, carrot, and cashew nuts to the pan and stir. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the pak choy and, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Heat the rice as per packet instructions.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with fresh coriander, extra cashews and extra steamed pak choy.