Super Crunchy Fried Gyoza with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Having mates over? Why not make these finger-licking deep fried gyozas with spicy dipping sauce! A cold Big Rig beer will be the perfect antidote to the spicy sauce.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Serves: 8 as a snack
- 1 packet Prawn and Chive Gyoza (we love United Food Co.)
- 1 packet Shiitake Gyoza (we love United Food Co.)
- 2 cups Avocado Cooking Oil (we love Olivado)
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Rewarewa Honey (we love Airborne Honey)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 tsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Big Rig beer (we love Emerson’s)
- Heat avocado cooking oil in a wok.
- Add a few gyoza to the hot oil, using chopsticks or tongs. Deep fry until golden, turning often. Remove and place on paper towels. Repeat to cook all gyoza. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- For the sauce: heat the water, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar and rewarewa honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to just under the boil and whisk until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Take the sauce off the heat and add the garlic, chilli, spring onions and lime juice. Pour into a pottle and serve with the hot gyoza and glasses of cold Big Rig beer.