Fresh Beet and Ricotta Hummus
We use pre cooked chickpeas to make this beet and ricotta hummus with crispy baked garlic pita chips super easy. You can be creative with this recipe, adding in extra herbs, spices and other baked vegetables. The ricotta makes the hummus ultra creamy whilst the beetroot adds depth and beautiful colour.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 90 mins Serves: 6 as a snack
For the hummus
- 2 beetroots
- 1 can Chantal Organics chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Perfect Italiano ricotta
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp Mrs Rogers ground cumin
- 2 tsp Olivado avocado oil and garlic
For the pita chips
- Tin foil
- Preheat oven to 200C. Wrap the beetroots in tin foil and bake for 1.5 hours until soft in the centre. Remove tinfoil and peel off the skin and let cool.
- Cut each pita into 4 chips. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Lay the pita chips and bake for 10-15 minutes, turning half way through, until crispy and golden.
- In a food processor, process the roast beetroot, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, ricotta, salt, garlic, cumin and oil until smooth.
- Serve the hummus alongside the hot pita chips and a sprinkling of herbs.