Beautiful Bliss Balls
A recipe like this relies on quality ingredients – good cocoa and good-quality vanilla, in particular. Bliss balls are fun to make with kids and great for school lunches – they especially like the rolling part – and they also make the perfect sweet treat after dinner, or for afternoon tea.
Prep time: 20 minutes Makes: 12
- 1 ½ cups select dates, soaked and drained (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 tbsp chia seed (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
Rainbow rolling suggestions
- ¼ cup coconut (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- ¼ cup passion fruit powder
- ¼ cup raspberry powder
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio nuts – ground (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Place dates, seeds, coconut oil, cocoa, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and blitz until bound together and smooth. Add optional extras if you’re using them and blitz well.
- Take large teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls. Roll in either cocoa or coconut, or make fun rainbow colours with our rainbow rolling suggestions
- Serve for morning or afternoon tea, or as healthy lunchbox treats. These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week and a half.