Kumara, Cheese & Dill Savoury Muffin Recipe
These sweet potato, cheese and dill muffins are wonderful for treats and lunchboxes. We use a combination of grated sweet potato (kumara) and flour to make them deliciously healthy.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Makes: 12
- 3 cups grated sweet potato (kumara)
- 2 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 ½ cups tasty cheese, grated (we love Mainland)
- ¼ cup dill, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ cup macadamia nut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 cup milk (we love Anchor)
- 2 eggs (we love Woodland Eggs)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- ½ cup dairy blend spread blue (we love Anchor)
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the sweet potato in a large mixing bowl. Crack the eggs in. Add 1 cup of the cheese to the bowl then the dill, macadamia oil and milk and mix well. Sieve the self raising flour on top, season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the cases, top with the remaining cheese and bake for 20 minutes until cooked and golden.
- To make the dill butter, mix the dairy blend spread and chopped dill. Whisk well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the muffins warm with dill butter. Yum.