Easy Vegetarian Stuffed Butternut Squash
The perfect midweek healthy dinner option. The cute butternut squash is roasted first and then stuffed with flavourful & colourful rice and veges before being baked again. It’s actually easier to make than you think.
Prep time: 5-10 mins Cook time: 55 mins Serves: 4
- 2 butternut squash, halved lengthwise with seeds removed
- 1 SunRice Brown Rice and Red Rice infused with Chilli and Garlic microwave pouch
- ½ can lentils, rinsed and drained (we love Chantal Organics)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (we love Chantal Organics)
- A handful of spinach leaves (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of fresh parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 block feta, cubed (we love Mainland)
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Line a baking tray. Place the 4 butternut squash halves cut side up on the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes then scoop out most of the flesh from the butternut and place in mixing bowl.
- In the same bowl combine the rice pouch, lentils, tomato paste, spinach, parsley and feta.
- Spoon mixture into the butternut squash. Top with pumpkin seeds, extra feta and a drizzle of oil. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until squash is golden.