Best BBQ Thai Beef Salad
Our BBQ Thai Beef Salad is seriously divine. Make it when you’re entertaining outdoors and you’ll be sure to delight your guests. Watch out though… they’ll be going back for seconds!
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 25-30 mins Serves: 4-5
For the Beef Fillet
- 1 whole Pure South Beef Eye Fillet
- Olivado Extra Virgin Peanut Oil
- Mrs Rogers Himalayan Pink Salt & Gourmet Pepper
For the Salad
- 500g Green Beans, steamed
- A handful of Superb Herb Thai Basil, Mint & Coriander
For the Dressing
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 50g Airborne Classic Manuka Multifloral Honey
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Golden Sun Fish Sauce
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 4 small Red Chillies, thinly sliced
Pair With: Emerson’s 1812 Hoppy Pale Ale
- Crank your BBQ up a high heat.
- Trim and prepare your eye fillet, using string or butchers twine to secure it. Drizzle your eye fillet with peanut oil and sprinkle with lashings of salt and pepper and place on grill side of the BBQ, turning for 8-10 minutes until brown all over. Place the fillet on the rack inside the bbq, off the direct heat and close the lid. Make sure the oven is at 200C and cook for a further 10-15 minutes for medium rare. Move to a plate, cover with tinfoil and rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- To assemble, place the beans and herbs beautifully on a platter. Top with sliced beef and finish with a generous drizzle of the dressing.