Beautiful Cottage Cheese, Pea & Pesto Omelette
What better way to start the day then with a yummy cottage cheese, pea & pesto omelette? The cottage cheeses makes this oh so creamy & dreamy. We love the addition of pesto, peas & fresh mint.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 5 mins Serves: 1-2
- ½ cup Anchor Cottage Cheese
- 1 tsp Anchor Butter
- 3 Woodland Eggs
- ½ cup fresh peas, shelled & blanched
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Mint, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp store-bought basil pesto
- Mrs Rogers Himalayan Pink Salt
- Mrs Rogers Black Peppercorns, ground
We used a Le Creuset non-stick frying pan to make the omelette.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the chopped mint.
- Melt butter in a nonstick frying pan over medium to high heat. Fry the peas for a minute.
- Pour in egg mixture, titling and moving the frying pan so the mixture covers the entire surface.
- Loosen a couple of times with a spatula so any uncooked egg can run into the centre.
- Carefully fold in half, slide onto a plate, drizzle with pesto and eat while hot.