Warm Rice Salad with Charred Sweet Stem Broccoli & Coconut
This tasty warm rice salad is a delicious vegetarian meal. We love the coconut spicy dressing with the yummy fresh greens and the nutty brown rice and quinoa. Yum.
Prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 30 mins Serves: 4
- 1 packet The Fresh Grower Sweet Stem Broccoli
- A handful of green beans, steamed
- 1 cup peas, blanched
- 1 SunRice Microwave Pouch of Brown Rice & Quinoa
- A handful Superb Herb Coriander, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Alison’s Pantry Shredded Coconut, toasted
- Olivado Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
For the Dressing
- ½ can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Mrs Rogers Black Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Mrs Rogers Turmeric
- A handful Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Mrs Rogers Chilli Flakes
- 1 Knob Ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- For the dressing: In a deep frying pan over a medium heat, dry fry the mustard seeds, chilli, curry leaves and turmeric for 2 minutes. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil and add the ginger. Fry for a further 2-5 minutes until golden and fragrant. Add the coconut milk and gently bring up to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes so the flavours all melt into each other.
- Heat the BBQ or griddle pan up to a medium heat. Drizzle the sweet stem broccoli with coconut oil and a sprinkling of salt then grill until charred and cooked but still firm.
- Heat the rice as per packet instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet stem broccoli, green beans, peas, rice, coriander, coconut, lime juice and zest.
- Pour onto a beautiful serving dish and drizzle with the coconut dressing.
- Serve warm.