Easy Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Breast
Succulent stuffed chicken has never been easier. Make our simple ricotta stuffed, bacon wrapped chicken breast and satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 45 mins Serves: 4
- 4 large free-range chicken breasts (we love Waitoa)
- 8 rashers Danish streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- 500g baby potatoes
- ½ cup ricotta (we love Perfect Italiano)
- ½ cup parmesan, grated (we love Perfect Italiano)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin avocado oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained then chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful fresh basil, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ lemon lemon, zest and juice
- Salt & pepper
We used a Le Creuset signature shallow casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Using a small sharp knife cut a deep horizontal slit into each chicken breast to fit the stuffing
- In a bowl combine ricotta, parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, crushed garlic, basil, lemon juice and zest. Mix well then spoon into chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper then wrap each breast in 2 rashers of bacon.
- Toss potatoes in salt and pepper and extra virgin avocado oil.
- Place chicken and potatoes on tray and bake for 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through, turning potatoes after 20 minutes.
- Grill for 5 minutes so the bacon gets golden and crispy.