Festive BBQ Aubergine with Chilli Buttermilk & Herb Sauce
Our bbq aubergines are spicy and delightful. We love them as a summer side when we crank up the bbq.
Prep Time: 10-15 mins Cooking Time: 10-15 mins Serves: 4, as a side
- 2 aubergines
For The Mint, Coriander Sauce
- 1/4 cup Olivado Chilli Avocado Oil, plus extra for the BBQ
- ¼ cup Superb Herb Mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Superb Herb Coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp DYC Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Airborne Classic Manuka Multifloral Honey, melted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Mrs Rogers Himalayan Pink Salt & Gourmet Pepper
For The Dressing
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup De Winkel Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
- 2 tbsp sriracha, or to taste
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Extra Superb Herb Mint
- Preheat the barbecue grill to a medium heat.
- Cut the aubergines in half then deeply score with a sharp knife, making sure not to pierce the skin.
- Lather the aubergines with chilli avocado oil, salt and pepper, then lay the halved aubergines on the grill side of the bbq. You want to get both sides nice and charred. They may need finishing off in the oven for a little while, otherwise pop them up on the higher rack in the bbq to finish them off. You want them to be charred and crispy on the outside but squishy in the middle.
- For The Mint, Coriander Sauce: Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl then season with salt.
- For The Dressing: Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
- To Serve: top with dressing, herb sauce, pomegranate seeds and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.