Simply Savoury Herb Shortbread
You’ll be surprised how simple our savoury herb shortbread are to make. All you really need is flour, parmesan and butter, though we’ve added a load of fresh herbs for flavour. If you can bring yourself to share them, these savoury herb shortbread make the cutest gift or moreish party snack.
Prep time: 15 mins (plus 1 hour waiting) Cooking time: 15 mins Makes: 16
- 1 ¼ cup flour (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (we love Mainland)
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature (we love Mainland)
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp sage, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Place the flour and herbs in a food processor and pulse until herbs are fine and mixed in. Add the parmesan, butter, salt and pepper and blend until a crumbly dough forms. This will only take 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour dough onto a floured board and lightly knead. Roll the mixture into a log shape, wrap with cling film and place in the fridge until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the log from the fridge, discard the cling film and slice into 1cm rounds.
- Lightly dab the shortbread with melted butter, then place the herbs on top to decorate. Place the shortbread onto the baking tray, leaving room around each shortbread to expand.
- Bake for 15 minutes until just golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. The shortbread will firm up as they cool.