Fresh Green Indian Spinach Curry
This vegetarian curry is tasty and loaded with nutritious greens. You can add frozen greens (spinach and peas) and whatever greens you have a glut of in your garden. Paneer is an Indian cottage cheese that can be found in most supermarkets.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 30 mins Serves: 4
- 1 block paneer cheese, cubed
- 1 bag spinach leaves (we love The Fresh Grower)
- ½ bag green kale salad (we love The Fresh Grower)
- ½ can coconut milk (we love Chantal Organics)
- 3 tbsp avocado oil & chilli (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup roast unsalted cashews, roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 green chilli, diced
- 1tbsp garam masala
- Sea salt, to taste (we love Chantal Organics)
- 2 basmati fragrant white rice microwave pouches (we love SunRice)
- 1 pack Naan bread, heated (we love Giannis)
We used a Le Creuset casserole dish,
- Heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a deep set frying pan. Add the diced onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and coconut milk and fry for 1 minute. Add the spinach and kale in batches (it will wilt down immensely).
- Once the greens have wilted down use a blending stick and blend until smooth. Alternatively let it cool then blitz in a blender.
- Heat the other tablespoon of avocado oil in a nonstick pan. Add the cubed paneer and fry until golden, about five minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Pour the blended curry sauce over the paneer and add the cashew nuts.
- Heat the basmati microwave pouches and naan breads as per instructions.
- Serve the spinach curry over rice with naan breads.