Perfect Xmas Roast Lamb Leg & Rainbow Root Veggies
This roast lamb leg makes the perfect centrepiece on Xmas day. We make ours with rainbow root veggies and hasselback potatoes, which taste and look mighty impressive when served to family and friends.
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 75 minutes Serves: 8
- 1 Pure South Lamb Bone In Leg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Airborne Creamed Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Olivado Avocado Oil & Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- Mrs Rogers Salt & Pepper
Rainbow root veggies & hasselback potatoes
- 12 baby carrots – purple, yellow, orange
- 5 baby beetroots, in halves – pink, yellow
- 1 of The Fresh Grower Fennel, cut in quarters
- 6 potatoes
- 4 tbsp Anchor Butter, melted
- Extra Superb Herb Thyme Sprigs
- Take the lamb out of the fridge 30 mins before cooking to bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a roasting pan and tray with baking paper.
- Combine garlic, honey, mustard, oil, thyme, lemon zest and salt and pepper in a bowl, then spread all over the lamb.
- Roast lamb until cooked to your liking, about 1 hour 15 minutes for medium or 1 hour 30 mins for more well done.
- To prepare hasselback potatoes: place a potato on a large metal spoon (to stop slicing all the way through) and slice into thin even splits. Lay hasselback potatoes & beets on lined baking tray and brush liberally with half of the melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for an hour.
- When you have half an hour to go, add the rest of the veggies (carrots and fennel) to pan, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- When the lamb is cooked to your liking remove from oven, cover with tin foil, and rest for 15 mins.
- Carve lamb and serve with rainbow root veggies and hasselback potatoes. Garnish with extra thyme.