Delightful Stone Fruit Trifle
Make our delicious stone fruit trifle over the Christmas period to delight your guests. We use store-bought sponge and custard so you can quickly throw this together, meaning you’ll have more time to spend with your loved ones.
Prep time: 15 mins Cooking time: 10 mins Makes: 1 Trifle
- 1 store-bought sponge cake
- ½ cup plum jam
- 3 nectarines, stones removed & sliced
- 3 peaches, stones removed & sliced
- 4 plums, stones removed & sliced
- 500g mascarpone
- 400ml Anchor Cream
- 2 limes, zest only grated
- 2 cups Anchor Vanilla Flavoured Custard
For The Rum Syrup
- 1 ½ cups dark rum
- ¼ cup Airborne Clover Multifloral Honey
- 2 limes, juice only
- Coconut shavings, lightly toasted
- Lime zest in long peels
- For The Rum Syrup: Stir rum, honey and lime juice together in a medium saucepan over medium heat until honey is dissolved. Boil until syrup is reduced to ¾ cup, about 5-7 mins.
- Add sliced fruit to rum syrup and simmer with the lid on for 5 mins. Separate fruit from syrup. Let cool.
- Cut sponge cake in half and liberally paint the inside with plum jam. Sandwich the sponge together, with jam in the middle, then cut into cubes.
- Mix lime zest with mascarpone and cream.
- To Assemble: In the base of a trifle dish layer the sponge squares. Drizzle with rum syrup, then layer the mascarpone mix, stone fruit, then custard. Garnish trifle with coconut shavings and long lime zest.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, then dig in.