Santa’s Favourite Cranberry & Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies
Want to make Santa some delicious chewy cookies? Then try our Christmas cranberry & pistachio white chocolate cookies! We recommended making extra for cute gifts (or for your own midnight feasts). Don’t forget to leave a glass of milk for Mr Claus.
Prep time: 15 mins (plus 2 hours in fridge) Cook time: 12 mins Makes: 24 Cookies
- 170g Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 115g Anchor Butter, softened
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 Woodland Egg
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Alison’s Pantry Whole Cranberries
- ½ cup Alison’s Pantry Shelled Pistachios
- White chocolate
- Extra pistachios, finely chopped
- Freeze-dried raspberries
If You’re Gifting The Cookies You’ll Need
- Cellophane bags or clear jars
- Xmas string and gift tags
- In a stand alone mixer or bowl with an electric whisk, mix the sugars and butter for a few minutes, until well combined, Add an egg mixing vigorously, then the vanilla extract. Sift in flour, baking soda and salt and fold to incorporate. Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries and pistachios.
- Wrap cookie dough in cling film then refrigerate for two hours so the butter can firm up.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Remove cookie dough from fridge then scoop tablespoon amounts of dough for each cookie. Roll each spoonful into a ball then place on baking tray, leaving space in between each cookie to spread while baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes until edges are golden. Set cookies aside to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate in a dish then dunk half of each cookie. Dust with finely chopped pistachios and freeze-dried raspberries.
- Prepare these as gifts, or serve on a plate for Santa with a glass of cold milk.