Tasty Sausage & Pear Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
This sausage and pear salad with blue cheese dressing is super easy to prepare. The cress and pear add a delicious surprise, whilst the lentils and sausages bring yum protein. Nice!
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Serves: 4
For the salad
- 1 pack Country Pork sausages (we love Hellers)
- A drizzle extra virgin olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 4 handfuls of cress, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 pears – 1 grated, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 can lentils, washed and drained (we love Chantal Organics)
- 4 handfuls of green kale salad, washed and drained (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of cranberry sprinkle (we love Alison’s Pantry)
For the dressing
- 100g creamy blue cheese (we love Mainland)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (we love Best Foods)
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 220C and line a flat baking tray
- Spread the sausages evenly on the tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden all over, turning them halfway through the cooking time. Once cooked, slice and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a beautiful serving dish, arrange all of the salad ingredients and finish with a drizzle of the blue cheese dressing and a dusting of cranberry sprinkle.