Perfect Fast BBQ Garlic Prawns with Avocado Salad
Our Fast BBQ Garlic Prawns With Avocado Salad are the perfect spring and summer starter. Impress your guests with this flavorsome and quick treat.
Prep time: 5-10 mins Cooking time: 5-10 mins Serves: 4, as a starter
For The Avocado Salad
- 3 New Zealand Avocado
- 2 large oranges, segmented
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 small lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- Drizzle of Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Handful of snow pea sprouts, cut in half
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
For Garlic Prawns
- 20 United Fisheries Prawn Cutlets, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Olivado Avocado Oil & Garlic
- Handful of snow pea sprouts, green tops
- Extra Superb Herb Coriander, roughly chopped
Beer Match: Emerson’s Bird Dog
- Heat the BBQ to 200C.
- For The Avocado Salad: Halve the avocados. Remove the stones. Peel and the flesh and slice thinly.
- Add avocado, orange segments, coriander, a splash of oil, lemon zest and juice to a platter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the white stalks off the snow pea sprouts into small pieces and add, gently mix to combine. Cover and set aside.
- For Garlic Prawns: Place prawns, garlic, chilli and oil in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Place garlic prawns on the hot grill and cook until the prawns turn pink, turning once.
- Serve the prawns on top of avocado salad. Garnish with snow pea sprouts and extra coriander.