Oozy Creamy Three Cheese Risotto
Who doesn’t love a creamy risotto? We’ve upped the risotto game, creating an addictive oozy three cheese risotto. Save some of the white wine to pour yourself a glass… you deserve it! The trick with any risotto is to add a spoon of butter at the end of cooking. If you are vegetarian simply swap the chicken stock to vegetable stock.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cooking Time: 50 Mins Serves: 5
- 2 cups SunRice Arborio Risotto Rice
- 2 cups Montana New Zealand Collection Big & Buttery Chardonnay
- 1 litre Continental Chicken Stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Mainland Blue Vein, Crumbled
- ½ cup Mainland Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup Perfect Italiano Ricotta
- 1 tbsp Anchor Butter
- Salt & pepper
- In a large heavy set pan fry the onion and leek in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, rice and wine and cook on medium heat until the wine has been absorbed, stirring so the rice does not burn.
- Add a ladle of stock at a time, stirring often until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat this process until the rice is cooked and most of the stock has been used.
- Take off the heat and stir in cheeses and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for a few minutes before serving.