Easy 20 Minute Tom Yum Thai Soup
You read right… a 20 minute Tom Yum. Now there’s no excuse not to eat a deliciously scrumptious Thai meal any night of the week. You can find most of these ingredients in the supermarket or your local Asian grocer. The fresh lemongrass and makrut (not using the word kaffir anymore) lime really make the dish, if you have extra then pop them in the freezer for the next time you’re whipping up our 20 minute Tom Yum.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins Serves: 4
- 500g giant prawns (we love Sea Cuisine)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised (we love Superb Herb)
- 3 makrut lime leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ½ litres chicken stock (we love Continental)
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 200g tomatoes (we love Beekist)
- 150g oyster mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 2 limes, juice only
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp golden sugar
- ½ bag sweet stem broccoli, roughly chopped (we love The Fresh Grower)
- Bunch of coriander (we love Superb Herb)
We used a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Round Casserole to make this soup.
- Heat coconut oil in a pot. Add the green chilli, ginger, garlic and lemongrass. Fry for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chilli garlic sauce, makrut lime leaves,stock, sugar and fish sauce. Bring to boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the prawns. Cook until the prawns are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the lime juice. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with coriander, and devour!