Decadent Coffee & Walnut No Bake Cheesecake
What’s better than coffee or cheesecake? A coffee and walnut no bake cheesecake! This one is seriously simple and seriously scrumptious. Our cheesecake is mighty decadent and will feed an army of foodies, but you’re welcome to halve the recipe at home. You can make it ahead of time and store in the fridge.
Prep time: 30 mins + setting time Makes: 1 large cheesecake
For the base
- 1 cup American walnuts (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 200g butter, melted (we love Anchor)
For the filling
- 600g cream cheese (we love Anchor)
- 500ml cream (we love Anchor)
- 160g icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 50 ml of boiling water then cooled
- 3 tbsp dark cocoa
- ½ cup walnuts, halved (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 block dark chocolate, shavings
- Ground coffee
- Grease and line a springform cake tin.
- Place American walnuts, digestive biscuits and melted butter to a food processor and blend until crumbed.
- Pour into the cake tin and pat down firmly. Chill for 1 hour, or until set.
- For the filling, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk until smooth (or use a cake mixer).
- Add in the cream, mixing until well combined. Gently mix in the dissolved instant coffee.
- Pour the filling over the set biscuit base, using a spatula to smooth it out.
- Pop in the fridge for 4 hours (or overnight) until set.