Quick Tempeh Yellow Curry Recipe
This tempeh coconut curry is another quick go-to if you’re short on time but in need of a flavorsome and wholesome meal. The tempeh is nutty and fulling, an easy protein to keep in the fridge.
Prep time: 5-10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Serves: 2
- 1 block tempeh, cut in strips (we love Tonzu)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tbsp rewarewa honey (we love Airborne Honey)
- 2 tbsp coconut cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced ginger (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 can coconut milk (we love Chantal Organics)
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ bag sweet stem broccoli, (we love The Fresh Grower)
- 1 orange capscium, sliced thinly
- Handful of coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 lime, cut in wedges
- Microwave pouch of basmati rice (we love SunRice)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or heavy set pan. Fry the diced onion until translucent. Add ginger and garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the yellow curry paste, coconut milk and stock. Stir and bring to the boil.
- Add the sweet stem broccoli and capsicum and simmer for a few minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Take off the heat.
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry tempeh until golden. Add the honey and soy sauce and fry for a further minute.
- Heat the rice as per instructions.
- Serve bowls of the coconut curry with tempeh and hot rice. Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges.