Lemony Grilled Chicken Orzo Salad Recipe
We’re bringing our grilled chicken orzo salad to the table! It’s a wonderful lunch or dinner packed full of fresh herbs and preserved lemon. Yum! Cooking orzo in chicken stock adds heaps of flavour.
Prep time: 15 mins (+ 2 hours marinating) Cook time: 20 mins Serves: 4
For the Chicken
- 4 Waitoa Chicken Thighs
- ¼ cup Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ preserved lemon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt & Pepper
For the Orzo Risotto
- 1 ½ cups orzo
- Olivado Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ½ cup Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 1/3 cup Superb Herb Mint, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Superb Herb Italian Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Superb Herb Dill, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves, roughly torn
For the Yoghurt Dressing
- 1 cup Anchor Greek Yoghurt
- ½ preserved lemon, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ cup Superb Herb Mint, Italian Parsley & Dill, roughly chopped
Wine Match: Stoneleigh Sauvignon Blanc
- For the Chicken: Place diced preserved lemon, olive oil, garlic and chicken thigh fillets in a bowl. Add lashings of salt and pepper then massage into chicken. Cover the bowl with cling film then pop in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat BBQ or grill on high. Drizzle with oil then place chicken skin side down on grill, turning then flipping, until cooked through, about 10 mins.
- For the orzo “risotto”: In a heavy based saucepan, fry onion in olive oil. Once brown, add the orzo and stock and bring to a boil. Cook for roughly 10 mins, until the orzo is al dente and liquid is absorbed.
- Mix herbs and rocket, then lay sliced chicken on top.
- Whisk together yoghurt dressing then drizzle over chicken salad.